Paper Issues - Cut It Up

11:00

Hi guys! It's time for a new Cut It Up challenge over on the Paper Issues Blog today. 
Here is the new cut file that the talented Stacie Ebnet Dietz has designed...


I used the Pink Paislee Oh My Heart collection for my layout. I also decided to try using my sewing machine on a page for once. I do lots of hand stitching but me and sewing machines have never got on so I thought I'd give it another go! Big mistake!!!

Let's just say I'll be sticking to hand stitching from now on. 

I cut a border off my background cardstock, distressed the edges and matted it onto the lovely patchwork style paper. All looking good so far.

I got my sewing machine out ready to stitch a border round the edges of the cardstock. Set it up, all going well. Position my paper, put the foot down on the needle, turn the machine on.... and woah!! It ran away with my paper - literally zoomed off and snatched the paper out of my hands! I managed to get it slightly under control and you can see the result below. Some very wonky squiffy borders, and lots of loose thread! 


Anyway, I decided it went well with the distressed card, so I kept it!

Do pop over to the Paper Issues facebook group and join in the challenge with any of the fab free cut files!

You Might Also Like

0 comments